scikit-learn is an open source machine learning library for the Python programming language.
Scikit-learn provides simple and efficient tools for data mining and analysis. It is accessible to all due to its open source nature and reusable.
It has commercially usable versions also.
It can do following
- Classification – Identifying which category an object belongs to .. Examples : Spam detection, deciding outliers etc
- Regression – Predicting what will be the next value.. Examples : Face completion
- Clustering – Grouping of similar objects into sets : Color quantization to compress the images or to reduce the color vector required
- Dimensionality reduction – Reducing the random variables in the selection : Plotting of probable prediction
- Model selection – Selecting the right model : Species distribution modelling
- Pre-processing – feature extraction and preprocessing – visualizing the stock market structure
Where can you see more details ? Please click for more details